Changes in tax regulations in 2020 VAT:
• VAT statement - aggregated domestic tax reports: starting from 01.07.2020, VAT statements and reports needed to be submitted of all the transactions subjected to domestic tax deduction regardless of threshold
• Starting from 01.07.2020, it is mandatory to indicate the customer’s tax identification number entries in the header of the receipts of all the domestic transactions regardless of threshold
• Starting from 01.01.2020, it is mandatory to issue an invoice for every transaction that is considered exempt from VAT: private healthcare, education, property sales, naturopathy etc.
• Mandatory online invoice data reporting, starting from 01.07.2020:
- of every invoice billed (w/o threshold) to any taxpayer holding a domestic tax ID (for 0% VAT as well as for reverse VAT!) – applicable to: standard invoices, credit or debit invoices or invoice equivalent certificates
• Mandatory online invoice data reporting starting from 01.01.2021:
- of every invoice billed to non-taxpayers, including the EU tax exempt transactions – applicable to: standard invoices, credit or debit invoices or invoice equivalent certificates
• The Simplified Entrepreneurial Tax will be ceased – the entrepreneurs who have been utilizing the benefits of SET (known as EVA) will be subjected to VAT
• Hotels and accommodations: The rate of the VAT will be reduced to 5% to all those transactions where the service was fulfilled after the following due date: 31.12.2019, however it is still mandatory to file and pay the tourism development contribution (4%).